Saturday, December 5, 2009

How to Lock Your Car and Why ?????

I locked my car. As I walked away I heard my car door unlock. I went back

and locked my car again three times. Each time, as soon as Istarted to walk

away, I would hear it unlock again!! Naturally alarmed, I looked around and

there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store.

They were obviously watching me intently, and there was no doubt they were

somehow involved in this very weird situation.. I quickly chucked the errand

I was on, jumped in my car and sped away. I went straight to the police

station, told them what had happened, and found out I was part of a new, and

very successful, scheme being used to gain entry into cars.

Two weeks later, my friend's son had a similar happening... While

travelling, my friend's son stopped at a roadside rest to use the bathroom..

When he came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later, someone had gotten

into his car and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator,

briefcase.. ..you name it. He called the police and since there were no

signs of his car being broken into, the police told him he had been a victim

of the latest robbery tactic -- there is a device that robbers are using now

to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your

key-chain locking device..

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are

going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and that they now have a

few minutes to steal and run.

The police officer said to manually lock your car door-by hitting the lock

button inside the car -- that way if there is someone sitting in a parking

lot watching for their next victim, it will not be you..

When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting, it does not send the

security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain,

it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be instantly stolen.

This is very real.

Be wisely aware of what you just read and please pass this note on. Look how

many times we all lock our doors with our remote just to be sure we

remembered to lock them -- and bingo, someone has our code and whatever was

in our car.

Please share with everyone you know !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment